Advice for planning your first time as a seller
*Give yourself plenty of time to get organised before the day of the sale so you can arrive early to attract eager bargain hunters when the site opens.
* Turn up with tables, plenty of small change and carrier bags, as well as pens and paper for marking prices. Also bring a chair with you so you’re not on your feet all day.
*Household goods and kitchen items that you no longer use tend to sell well as do CD’s, DVD,s and garden tools. If you take a mobile phone remember the charger.
* Make your site stand out, for example with a bright tablecloth.
* Display your most saleable items where people can see and touch them, with less
saleable things such as bric-
* Know how much you want for your items before you go, write everything on a list or put price tickets on them. But let any buyer know that you are willing to negotiate.
* Sellers are likely to haggle and while you should try to get the best price for your things, consider whether you really want to take them home again at the end of the day.
* Most importantly enjoy your day.